Monday, April 12, 2010

Blue Jay


I've tried to photograph the local bluejays for years - with little luck. As soon as I get one in focus, off he would go.

I went for a walk yesterday and happened upon this beautiful scrub jay sitting in an old apple tree next to the path.

I stopped, and she sat there. I asked her if it was okay to take her picture.
She stayed put.

She jumped around a bit, posing for me.


Then she gave me "that look".
You know, the one that says "what ARE you looking at? Aren't you done YET???"

So I thanked her. Then I left.


3 comments:

  1. Oooh, OH! Sissy! I LOVE these photos--they are another instant favorite--and they totally fill my eyes. I LOVE it that she posed for you. What a gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was your lucky Sunday yesterday. Not only you spotted the beauty, she posed for you as well.
    Great photographs Clytie

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I can't remember if I have ever seen a blue bird...
    Lucky you!
    Beautiful shots both!

    BLOGitsePHOTOS

    ReplyDelete