Saturday, April 16, 2011

Too Much Rain Equals Beauty!


This is my front yard by the end of the day yesterday. Seriously! We had nearly 2" of rain in less than 24 hours ... on top of months and months of drippy stuff. Sigh.

I was feeling cooped up and cranky, so I pulled out the umbrella and decided to try and find something beautiful. ANYTHING beautiful.
And look what happened ...


The Japanese Rose reflected yellow beauty into the raindrops ...


Mom's tulips were getting ready to burst forth with still more beauty!


While the raindrops on them reflected even more tulips ...


Raindrops glowed in the watery light on the Indian Plum leaves.

The rains are supposed to stop this afternoon, and we are in for a week of sunshine ... shrinking the puddles, warming the world, bringing new life to the plants ...

I suppose I will miss the beauty of the rain ...

NOT!!!

5 comments:

  1. Great colors, I especially like tulips and those beautiful beads filled with reflections. Wonderful. A greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great photos. Love the one reflecting the red flower in the raindrop. Nice job.
    Cher
    Goldenray Yorkies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walking in the Rain while photographing beautiful flowers is a good way to make yourself happy.. thanks for sharing the beauty, Clytie.

    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am admiring your beautiful photographs again Clytie.
    Have a great Sunday.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, Sissy--I had no idea how beautiful those tulips would be--and especially the tulips in the reflection, when you told me about them.

    They fill my eyes, Sissy--wow what beauty. The front yard was a pond, looks like. That is just amazing--did you get a pic further out for perspective? I'd love to see that one if you have it, too!

    What a talented photographer you are, Sissy. I think you are incredible.

    ReplyDelete