Friday, September 2, 2011

The Beauty of the Thistle


Summer here is waning ...


The beautiful blossoms of the season nearly passed ...


Have turned into an explosion of fruits, nuts and seeds!

Bringing a different kind of beauty to my world ...


And sharing a dried thistle heart in anticipation of the swiftly approaching Autumn!

To get your flower-fix for the week, join us over at Tina's "Weekend Flowers"!

To see hearts from around the world, visit "Random Hearts", and share YOUR heart on Guest Heart Thursday (through Sunday)!


5 comments:

  1. Lovely thistle :) Thanks for joining Weekendflowers with this nice photos :) xo Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thistles can be very nice!
    Your second and third photos are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft--just spectacular, Sissy! These photos fill my eyes. I wish I were the size of some faeries. I'd take a nap on that soft sweet thistle down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially love the third picture of the thistle down. Goldfinch use the down for their nests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos really show us the bauty of this thistle. Great job!

    ReplyDelete